POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : No IRTC site activity - Cause for concern? : Re: No IRTC site activity - Cause for concern? Server Time
3 May 2024 14:18:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No IRTC site activity - Cause for concern?
From: scott
Date: 22 Sep 2005 05:00:55
Message: <433272c7$1@news.povray.org>
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for taking so long to reply.
>
> Thanks for the offer(s) of help.
>
> Strange as it may seem, I don't think we really need help.  Help
> implies that someone has to manage the helpers and none of us is up
> to that.  We have a set of things we each do.  These things are not
> that hard for us, but they are a little technical and specialized.
> Setting it up so someone else could do a part of it would be more
> work than it's worth.
>

> Personally, I've decided to step down as an IRTC admin.  I'm hoping to
> train a replacement soon.  I suspect this can be done fairly easily
> without any apparent disruptions.
>
> -bill

>   So, it seems things are getting sorted out. It seems a bit more
> complicated than I first thought,

It does seem strange that he doesn't think they need help.  It's not very
good that the competition does not get announced for one or two weeks after
it starts when it is only 8 weeks long!  Especially as it would be easy to
make it get announced automatically.  If getting and organising the help is
more work than it's worth, then perhaps it's for the best that a new person
is taking over.

But yep, let's wait and see about the replacement.  Hopefully they will have
more time to improve the site or be willing to allow others to help.  I
guess if it comes to it we can always make a new website aimed specifically
at the POV community.

> but I was looking more at
> processing some images rather than anything computer heavy.

OOC, what sort of human processing needs to be done?  I thought they had an
automatic script that just checked everything in the submission was valid,
then emailed you if it wasn't.